Sunday, July 12, 2009

Tough Questions

Had a wonderful time of fellowship this evening with the folks involved in Student Ministries. It is so good to be back serving.

Had an interesting coversation about someone who is no longer serving. We were chatting about why they have turned away from God. This is a question I am struggling with right now. Why would someone, after experiencing the joy of Jesus and His salvation, turn away? Did things get too tough? Did they lack faith? Did they ever have faith?

And beyond those questions - I wonder, what is my responsibility? Obviously I am going to pray. But what should happen to bring someone back to the Lord?

And then my mind continues - what about the people around who have been touched by someone walking away from the Lord? What about their pain? How do I know who has even been affected?

Perhaps it all comes down to faith. I have to do what my Father has called me to do - pray for everything and talk to those He lays on my heart. He is in control. I love the passage in Romans 8 where it talks about the Holy Spirit intercedes with groans too deep for understanding.

That is the passage I claim - the Holy Spirit is taking care of the situation. I just am going to rest in Abba Father's arms.

No comments: